Thursday, January 8, 2009

Broccoli-Cauliflower Bake



Here is another great recipe from my Auntie Gladys. It was the best way for my mom to get us to eat broccoli and cauliflower! The original version is great, but if you want a lighter version, it can be adjusted.

Simple, classic, delicious.

Broccoli-Cauliflower Bake

1 head broccoli, washed and separated into florettes
1 head cauliflower, washed and separated into florettes
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (light version works too)
1 cup sour cream (low-fat sour cream or no-fat plain yogurt also work)
1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange broccoli and cauliflower in a greased 9 x 9 casserole dish or a 9" pie dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a bowl, whisk together condensed soup and sour cream. Pour this mixture over your veggies. Sprinkle with parmigiano reggiano cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until veggies are tender and sauce begins to turn golden brown.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

This looks really tasty. I love the name of your blog by the way! Very cute.

Kristen616 said...

That looks great! My husband isn't a huge veggie lover but I know we both would enjoy this!

Carrie said...

Wow, that looks good. My husband also isn't a big veggie eating person. I will have to try this.

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

are you kidding me with this??? YUMMMMMMM!!!!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I need to cook with cauliflower more - looks delicious!

Melissa said...

This looks so good!!!

Amy said...

WOW this look so yummy!

Ali said...

delicious!

I subbed cream of celery and added in some sliced mushrooms, then topped with parmesan cheese. AWESOME! Thanks for the great recipe.

 

Made by Lena