Friday, November 21, 2008

Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to Vintage Victuals! I thought I would take a moment to lay out what my blog is all about.

My blog is dedicated to good ol' fashioned cooking and baking from scratch. From traditional treats to family heirloom recipes passed down over the generations, these recipes are time-honored, tried-and-true.

With today's thirty-minute-meals (which end up really taking forever), and grocery store take-out lifestyle, I am saddened that some of our most loved, traditional recipes are getting lost in the hustle and bustle. With this blog, I hope to take our mother's recipes, our father's recipes, and our grandparents' recipes and bring them back to life!

Let's go back to when there were no cake mixes or ready-made items. Let's cook like our grandmothers did! I think you'll see it's worth the extra effort to preserve the memories and traditions of those who baked before us.
 

Made by Lena