Thursday, March 12, 2009

Doing small things in a great way . . .



Here is a fun mini-muffin recipe that I made with some more ripe bananas I wanted to use up. It is based on my Banana Cake recipe, but I've added nuts and spices to make a tender, hearty, cozy morning treat.

Banana-Nut Spice Mini-Muffins

2 1/4 cups flour
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup buttermilk
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Powdered sugar


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your mini-muffin tin with cooking spray or line each cup with a parchment liner.

Measure all ingredients into a large electric mixer bowl. Blend for 30 seconds on low speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Next, beat for three minutes on high speed. Fill mini-muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full.

Bake 15-20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown around the edges. Cool completely on racks.


When muffins are completely cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve!

Note: If you would like to adapt this recipe for regular-sized muffins, simply increase the baking time to 20-25 minutes!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy poppable size!

Kerstin said...

Aww - how cute! I bet the orange juice makes them extra special. I like the powdered sugar on top too!

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! I love all things miniature! :)

Jennifer said...

I love making mini muffins....so I can have more!!! :) great recipe!

Steph said...

I need a mini muffin pan!! Those are so cute.

 

Made by Lena