Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chocolate Pudding Scrummie



Uuuhhh, looks a little scrummie if you ask me . . .

Here is my Auntie Moo Moo Chocolate Pudding Scrummie. Back in the 1950s, she would make this dessert for her three daughters so that they could have a special treat when they came home from school.

This dessert is like the fudgiest brownie with a built-in chocolate syrup! The consistency is half-cake-like, half pudding-like. The crispy toasted top gives way to tender cake and steamy chocolate goo underneath. Top it off with some freshly whipped cream, and you have . . . well . . . scrummie!!

Disclaimer: This dessert is very, very sweet - hope you have a sweet tooth!! :-)



Chocolate Pudding Scrummie
from my Auntie Moo Moo

1 cup flour
¾ cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup chopped walnuts
½ cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup cold water

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8-inch square pan.

In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, cocoa, baking powder, walnuts, milk, butter, and vanilla. Spread evenly in the bottom of your prepared pan.

Next, mix together the brown sugar, white sugar, and cocoa powder and sprinkle over batter in pan. Pour the cold water over the top, and do not stir!

Bake for 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold - topped with whipped cream or ice cream!


7 comments:

Woman with a Whisk said...

Need! This! Now!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Scrummie? I think it's more 'yummie' if you ask me! I'm digging that ooey gooeyness!

Anonymous said...

Aw, Ellie!! My mama used to make this cake! What sweet memories you just brought up! :)

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of scrummie, but this looks amazingly delicious! Like a molten lava cake but in brownie form, yum!

Kerstin said...

I've never seen anything like this before - it looks so good! My mom always made me brownies :)

Chef Jeena said...

Oh wow that chocolate sauce ouzing out looks SO GOOD!

Amy said...

I have this in the oven right now -- so easy to make. Thanks for the recipe!

 

Made by Lena