Saturday, February 14, 2009

Be Mine, Valentine . . .



Happy Valentine's Day!

Here is a special peek, dear readers, at the romantic breakfast I cooked for my Valentine this morning.

My super cool mother-in-law got me this nifty heart-shaped pancake mold as an early birthday gift, and she even got us some pecan praline pancake mix to go with it! It's basically a silicone mold that you place in your pan, then you fill it with pancake batter. The little handle flips down flat so that you can flip your pancake and let it set before removing the mold. It worked really well!!



Top it off with pure maple syrup and a dab of butter, slap some bacon on the side and garnish with some fresh fruit - and you have a beautiful and romantic breakfast!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw... how cute! :) They're really perfect hearts, too. Great job.

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

so cute!!!

missgeorgiapeach said...

That is so cute Lauren!

I looked everywhere for a pancake heart shape mold and couldn't find one. I had to do some test runs with my batter (tried making hearts when pouring the batter on the griddle at first), but then just ended up making regular pancakes and then using my heart shaped cookie cutter to cut them out. You will have to ask your MIL where she found yours at so I can be on the lookout.

Ellie said...

I have consulted with my MIL and found out that she found the mold here at le gourmet chef. Apparently you can use it for eggs, too!

Laura said...

Ooooooo! a silicone pancake mold. I think that idea instead of the regular metal ones. They look fabulous!

 

Made by Lena