Sunday, February 22, 2009

Golden Steak Fries



Just one more reason I am glad that I let my husband register for the mini fry-daddy . . .

Golden Steak Fries

2 Idaho potatoes
Plenty of cooking oil
Plenty of salt
Plenty of freshly ground pepper

In a large pot or a deep fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, slice your potatoes into long strips about and inch wide and 1/2 an inch thick, leaving the skins on. In batches of about 10-12 fries each, cook the fries in the oil until golden brown - about 5-7 minutes. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with ketchup.

3 comments:

missgeorgiapeach said...

OMG Lauren! That is exactly how my mother makes her fries and they are the best!!!! I have never been able to find someone else that cooks their own fries like that. I would, actually, rather have them then any fast food chain's fries. We don't have a deep fryer yet but hopefully will register for one so I can keep the tradition going.

As I continue to read your blog and try your recipes...I wonder if we were separated at birth. LOL!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This recipe looks delicious!

Cate said...

I've always wanted a deep fryer but I'm scared of my lack of self control (I think I'd want to attempt to deep fry just about everything...you know, just to experiment).
Every time I make oven fries I lament their anemic color and wish I had a deep fryer to make them nice and perfect like these!

 

Made by Lena