Thursday, July 30, 2009

What's a girl to do?


O, mon dieu, chers lecteurs. This is a fab find!

I'm at home alone (with the dogs) tonight - hubby's away at a leadership conference. I decided to make dinner easy - boiled gnocchi with Newman's Own tomato sauce . . . garlic toast on the side.

What do you crave after eating Italian? My mom and I always have a taste for chocolate! But here I am, all alone. It would be wasteful (right?) to make brownies, to go out and get a pint of ice cream, to open a new box of Oreos . . . What's a girl to do in this kind of emergency???

Enter . . . Emergency Chocolate Cake.

Moist, fluffy, chocolaty heaven. A mug full of cupcake. Satisfaction, in two minutes flat.

I think I may have another . . . this time with a pinch of cinnamon perhaps?

Emergency Chocolate Cake

I got this from the Rookie Chef, who got it from One Particular Kitchen

2 tablespoons cake flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 (slightly heaping) teaspoons cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons oil

Spray the inside of a microwave-safe coffee mug with nonstick spray. Measure the ingredients into the mug and stir with a fork until smooth and no lumps remain. Microwave on high for 60 seconds.

That's it!!!

You can eat it with a fork straight out of the mug (as I did) , or turn it out onto a plate and top it with chocolate syrup or whipped cream. Perfection!


9 comments:

Angie said...

mmm...that emergency choc cake sounds good..and the cinnamon would be great too!

Molly Jean said...

Isn't it awesome?! I love how easy it is :)

madebymel said...

I love how simple this is, and the fact that I have all of the ingredients in my kitchen right now...

Fuzzydave said...

I just made this and loved it. Plus, my wife was only having an ice cream bar so I got to rub it in that my dessert was better than hers.
This will be in the regular rotation.

The BirdDawg said...

That's a great simple recipe. I've now made two of your desserts and both have been excellent. Keep the recipes coming!

Aidinha...The Cosmic Girl said...

loved it! something tells me that will be a regular on winter time!!! I recomend some custard with it...it goeas reaaally well!!!

Amy said...

oh. my. GOD. My whole perception of reality just went a bit hazy when I saw this just then. Holy hell yes! microwave chocolate cake in a MUG!

Dana said...

Amazing! Instant Gratification! And saves me from eating a whole box of brownies once a month, grrrr :-)

jamiebentley said...

YAAAAAAY! This made my day. Woke with a headache that's just not going away. This helped. I ate mine with a spoonful of peanut butter :)

 

Made by Lena