Friday, July 17, 2009

Saucy Pork Chops



Here's another retro recipe: this one comes from my mom's collection of little scraps of paper with recipes scrawled on them. I'd call it a recipe box full of recipe cards, except that it's more of a pile of old receipts and other random scraps of paper bearing recipes in her almost indecipherable script stuffed into an old cookbook. My mom and I spent hours one night last week poring over these tid-bits of goodness. This recipe is just one in a treasure-chest of goodies!

Saucy Pork Chops
from our family friend, Bobby

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 chops, about ¾ inch thick
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 10.5-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
¼ cup ketchup
2-3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Season your chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Add them to the skillet, browning for 2-3 minutes on each side. Top with onions.

In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over the chops. Cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes. Serve hot.

8 comments:

Candace said...

Looks like great comfort food!

Laura said...

This looks delicious. "Home cookin'" at it's finest!

The onion on top looks absolutely perfect...

thenursecooks said...

I love a down home meal anytime!

Mere said...

That looks so good!

Salon de Sucre said...

looks good! Love the pan !

Salon de Sucre said...

oh and btw ..I made the peach cobbler again today.. fr the third time! cant get over this classic!

Jessica - The Novice Chef said...

Those look great! And I love your dishes!

Anonymous said...

I made these for my husband last night. He absolutely loved them and raved about them for a good while. I mentioned that I might make them again, and he said, 'No, you are definitely making them again!'

Great recipe for pork chops!!
Melakamoon

 

Made by Lena