Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fizzy Margaritas

What is better on a warm spring afternoon than a chilly, fizzy margarita???

In the interest of full disclosure, I feel a need to confess, dear readers, that in one of my former lives, I was a bar-tender at a resort in rural Montana. All I can say is that a girl learns how to make a good margarita out there!

Caution: this is not a drink for the faint of heart - these margaritas will ROCK you if you're not careful - but they sure go down easy!

Fizzy Margaritas

1 fresh lime, cut into wedges
Margarita salt or kosher salt
Ice cubes
1 16-ounce bottle of Mexican beer, recommended: Corona
1 12-ounce can frozen lime-aid concentrate
12 fluid ounces of water
12 fluid ounces of tequila
1/4 cup orange liqueur (triple sec, cointreau, or grand marnier)
1/4 cup orange juice

Take one of the lime wedges, cut a slit in it with a sharp knife, and use the slit to rub lime juice around the rims of 4 glasses. Dip the rims of the glasses into the margarita or kosher salt to coat. Fill the glasses with ice cubes.

Place more ice cubes in a large pitcher. Pour the beer, lime-aid, water, and tequila into the pitcher. Tip: you can use the empty lime-aid can to measure the water and the tequila. Then add the orange liqueur and the orange juice. Mix well with a long spoon, and pour into the prepared glasses. Garnish with the remaining lime wedges. Enjoy!!!


oneparticularkitchen said...

Oh this is how my BFF makes them! She calls them Mambo Margaritas. They are the BEST. YUM!

Kerstin said...

I don't think I've ever seen a margarita recipe with beer in it - they look yummy!

jenncuisine said...

Oh these look great!

Joelen said...

Yum! I hope you consider submitting this for the upcoming Foodie Films blogging event at the end of the month! Details are on my blog's left sidebar. :)

KMAYS said...

Yummy! I love the addition of beer. These would be great out on the patio this summer!


Made by Lena