Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fizzy Margaritas



What is better on a warm spring afternoon than a chilly, fizzy margarita???

In the interest of full disclosure, I feel a need to confess, dear readers, that in one of my former lives, I was a bar-tender at a resort in rural Montana. All I can say is that a girl learns how to make a good margarita out there!

Caution: this is not a drink for the faint of heart - these margaritas will ROCK you if you're not careful - but they sure go down easy!

Fizzy Margaritas

1 fresh lime, cut into wedges
Margarita salt or kosher salt
Ice cubes
1 16-ounce bottle of Mexican beer, recommended: Corona
1 12-ounce can frozen lime-aid concentrate
12 fluid ounces of water
12 fluid ounces of tequila
1/4 cup orange liqueur (triple sec, cointreau, or grand marnier)
1/4 cup orange juice

Take one of the lime wedges, cut a slit in it with a sharp knife, and use the slit to rub lime juice around the rims of 4 glasses. Dip the rims of the glasses into the margarita or kosher salt to coat. Fill the glasses with ice cubes.

Place more ice cubes in a large pitcher. Pour the beer, lime-aid, water, and tequila into the pitcher. Tip: you can use the empty lime-aid can to measure the water and the tequila. Then add the orange liqueur and the orange juice. Mix well with a long spoon, and pour into the prepared glasses. Garnish with the remaining lime wedges. Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is how my BFF makes them! She calls them Mambo Margaritas. They are the BEST. YUM!

Kerstin said...

I don't think I've ever seen a margarita recipe with beer in it - they look yummy!

Anonymous said...

Oh these look great!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Yum! I hope you consider submitting this for the upcoming Foodie Films blogging event at the end of the month! Details are on my blog's left sidebar. :)

Kira said...

Yummy! I love the addition of beer. These would be great out on the patio this summer!

 

Made by Lena