Monday, December 15, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Dip

This recipe is inspired by my wonderful Atlanta Knottie friends - it's sort of a blend of the recipes that you all sent me! I took it to hubby's family Christmas celebration on Sunday, and it was a HUGE hit - people just couldn't stop talking about it and asking me for the recipe! It always feels good when you find a recipe that gets that sort of attention. So here it is!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
1 packet of dry ranch dressing seasoning (I used Hidden Valley Ranch)
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
1/3 cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce
1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
Frito Scoops, for dipping
Celery, for dipping
Carrots, for dipping

Grease a 9" round pie dish or baking dish, and preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and ranch seasoning. Spread mixture in the bottom of the prepared dish.



In a large skillet, heat shredded chicken over medium heat until warm.



Add buffalo sauce, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring and allowing the sauce to permeate the chicken.



Top the cream cheese layer with this chicken mixture. Sprinkle Monterrey Jack cheese on top. Bake for about 15 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with Fritos and sliced veggies for dipping.


4 comments:

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i LOVE this stuff, i'm totally making it for a christmas party this weekend!

how long do you boil the chicken for? do anything special to the water?

Ellie said...

I usually boil chicken for about 15-20 minutes, and I either just season the water with salt or sometimes I'll put in some chicken bouillon or poultry seasoning.

I'm making it again for a party this weekend too - it's addictive!

Lily said...

Hi Laura! I love Buffalo Chicken Dip. My fav. shortcut is to make it with Swanson Chicken. Swason Chunk Chicken is made with only white meat (I work for them so I know the deal)and it really saves all that time from cooking, waiting for the chicken to cool, and then shredding it. Also, I think it helps with the consistency of the dip too, since sometimes when you shred chicken people end up with big hunks of chicken in some bites and no chicken in others!

Ellie said...

Thanks for the tip, Lily! I will definitely have to try that out. I plan on making this recipe a lot in the near future!

 

Made by Lena