Thursday, December 4, 2008

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Goodness!

Here are my Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies!



This is a great old-fashioned recipe for melt-in-your-mouth cookies that cook on the stove and then set up on wax paper. There is nothing in the world like enjoying one of these tender, chewy, chocolatey gobs of goodness fresh off the wax paper, when they are still just a tiny bit warm. This is an easy recipe to make, even for beginners - but people are always wowed by the deliciously addictive taste of these cookies!

Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies

2 cups white sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup whole milk
A pinch of salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter (recommended: Jif)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, cocoa, butter, milk, and salt to a boil. When mixture comes to a full rapid boil, set a timer for one minute and continue stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add quick cooking oats, peanut butter, and vanilla. Mix well. Working quickly, drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Cool for 20 minutes or until set.

This is what the cookies will look like after spooning onto waxed paper.



This is what they will look like after they are set.



I hope you enjoy this recipe! These cookies keep well for several days, which makes them great for shipping or making ahead.

3 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Yum! Looks great and I love that its no bake too to save time. I hope you consider submitting this to my Holiday Cookie Blogging Event. Details are in my blog's left sidebar and the deadline to submit is this Sunday. :)

Holly said...

I love no bake cookies, they are the best! You need to make some with coconut too! Thanks for the reminder of one of my fav. treats from when I was a kid.

Angel said...

I adore no bake cookies! I'm so stealing almost ALL these ideas for our "Recovery from Christmas" open house party!

 

Made by Lena