Monday, June 1, 2009

Vidalia Victuals Finalist #10: Vidalia Onion and Tomato Pie



Vidalia Onion and Tomato Pie

Submitted by Tasha of Life as I know it . . . is just beginning

1 prepared pie crust
One large Vidalia onion, halved and thinly sliced
One large tomato, halved and thinly sliced
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 palm full herbes de provence
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Gently place prepared pie crust in a deep dish pie plate.

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Carefully transfer to the pie dish.



Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.



Vote using the poll in the right-hand column. Thanks!

3 comments:

Jessica - The Novice Chef said...

That looks Delicious!!

The Roaming Southerner said...

I voted for the grits, but I am not sure if the voting poll worked! Hope I did, it all looks so good! I can't wait to get back to the ATL in a few weeks.

Elizabeth said...

I love the last picture - just beautiful!

 

Made by Lena