Friday, June 5, 2009

Taco Burgers



The idea for these awesome burgers came from my friend Hayley. She has a fabulous shopping blog - Deals, Steals & Heels - you should check it out!

Taco Burgers

1 packet of dry taco seasoning
1.5 lbs. ground beef (~85% lean)
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 slices cheddar or cheddar jack cheese
4 buns
Red onion, sliced
Guacamole (make your own! it's easy!)


In a medium bowl, combine taco seasoning, ground beef, and egg lightly until completely combined. Divide the meat into four equal patties.

Grill the patties to desired done-ness, topping with sliced cheese during the last 2 minutes of grilling. Grill the buns, too, if desired.

Place a patty on each bun, and top with sliced onion and guacamole. Enjoy!


12 comments:

Cathy said...

Those look delicious! There is nothing better than a grilled burger for dinner.

Anonymous said...

Ellie!!! I am dying at how good this looks! I love guacamole so much it's not even funny. And on a burger?! Out of this world, I'm sure! I can't wait to try it. :)

Deals, Steals and Heels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deals, Steals and Heels said...

i knew you'd take an awesome pic of them....YUMMY!!!

Krista said...

Sounds delish and easy. Perfect for tonight's dinner. Thanks!

Michelle said...

OMG this is wonderful!!! I definitely have to try this one. :)

Kristen said...

That looks so delicious I can almost taste it!

Anonymous said...

It's 11:30 pm and I'm now officially starving after looking at that burger picture. OMG. My husband would love those (as would I)!!

test it comm said...

That burger looks so good with that thick layer of guacamole!

Anonymous said...

can I come over next time you make these??? WOW!

Michelle said...

This looks awesome, I love guaacamole!

Chez US said...

GREAT BURGER! Love these flavors! You might want to check out our ultimate burger contest and enter it - there is even a prize! http://www.chezus.com/2009/06/15/ultimate-hamburger/.

 

Made by Lena