Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blueberry Streusel Muffins



Growing up in Atlanta, we lived next door to a wonderful family - the Fullers. They had a son my older brother's age and a daughter my age. Their daughter and I were both blond little babies, and our moms would dress us in the same outfits from Laura Ashley, send us to ballet class together, and let us have sleepovers. We were flippin' adorable!

Our families were together so often, that we got to call Mrs. Fuller "Mom Fuller" - since she was our "other" mom. Even now that we are all grown up (well, mostly grown up!), our families remain close. So here is a wonderful recipe from my "other" mom - Mom Fuller's Blueberry Streusel Muffins!

Don't you love that blueberry running down
my oh-so retro-foil muffin liner?
Try not to drool on your keyboard, kay?

Blueberry Streusel Muffins
recipe from Mom Fuller

1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
2 1/3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups blueberries

1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, softened

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and grease or line 18 muffin cups.

In an electric mixer bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until well-combined.

In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, stirring well after each addition.

Finally, stir in vanilla and blueberries. Spoon batter into greased or lined muffin cups, filling two-thirds of the way full.

For topping, combine the sugar, flour, and teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles crumbs. Sprinkle on top of muffin batter.

Bake at 375 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield ~ 18 muffins.


8 comments:

Molly Jean said...

I WANT THEM AND I WANT THEM NOW!

(Think Veruca from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with her Golden Goose. Yep that's me and your muffins!)

logan said...

looks delicious!!!

Cate said...

I think I've gotten to the point where I no longer care to eat muffins without streusel. I love the look of these!

Kanella said...

Thanks for sharing! What a great straight forward recipe that truly delivers.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Gorgeous gorgeous pics!!

Candace said...

Im drooling...

Anonymous said...

That. Is. It. I demand scratch & sniff blogging. Pronto.
:)

Molly Jean said...

And come swing by my blog and pick up your award :)

 

Made by Lena