Monday, June 8, 2009

Vidalia Victuals WINNER!

I'm happy to announce the winner,
selected by you dear readers,
of the first annual Vidalia Victuals Contest.

Cooks Like a Champion
Caramelized Vidalia Onion and Goat Cheese Grits!!

Congratulations, Courtney!



Courtney's recipe got 217 out of the 719 votes cast in the contest, making her the winner of our Vidalia Onion Prize Package!!!

I must say, the hubs and I really loved this recipe. We even ate the leftover grits underneath some grilled shrimp for dinner the next night, with some corn on the cob on the side. It was pretty freaking awesome . . .


To see the results of all our wonderful entries, please click here.

I'd like to thank everyone who submitted recipes, who drooled over our finalists' creations, and who voted in this fun contest.

I also appreciate the support received from the Vidalia Onion Committee in beefing up our prize package with some fun Vidalia items! I encourage you all to check out the Sweet Times Recipe Contest being hosted by the Vidalia Onion Committee. Entries are being accepted through August 14, 2009, and they are giving away some big cash prizes!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so glad you liked it, Ellie! The meal you made with the leftover grits looks so good, too. :)

Kerstin said...

Congrats Courtney! That's the one I voted for, it sounds awesome!

Candace said...

What a great recipe to try with my new charleston grits I brought home!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

congrats to the winner!! this pic is divine, i'm definitely gonna have to try this.

W. Brannen said...

Yummy, yummy! We at the Vidalia Onion Committee office are ready to try this and some of the other delicious-sounding recipes!

Congrats, Courtney!

Wendy Brannen, Director
Vidalia Onion Committee
VidaliaOnion.org

 

Made by Lena